Monday, August 18, 2008

Define winning.

Describe how victory will be achieved:
ORLANDO — John McCain told the nation's largest veterans group Monday that both he and Barack Obama want to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq, but "the great difference is that I intend to win it first."

McCain assailed Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee, for saying he still would have opposed the 2007 U.S. troop build-up in Iraq.

"Even in retrospect, he would choose the path of retreat and failure for America over the path of success and victory," McCain said.

This is still about leaving Vietnam, isn't it?

2 comments:

Steve Bates said...

Thank you for saying that. I am convinced that for McCain, it's all ultimately about Vietnam. Indeed, given his propensity to call today's countries by yesterday's names, I am amazed he doesn't call Iraq "Vietnam" every day or two.

If McCain becomes president, I think I'll move to Yugoslavia.

[captcha text on this comment: "meomy" ... my reaction exactly.]

ellroon said...

Well.. since we lost Vietnam we can't lose anywhere else or we'll be losers and we can't have that.

Especially with a war we started ourselves....

Although I have a feeling we'll be changing the meaning of the word 'victory' in a little bit.