Monday, February 26, 2007

What do they know we don't

About Osama?

FORT WORTH -- The Army's highest-ranking officer and the former leader of the secretive world of Special Operations offered his thoughts on the importance of capturing or killing Osama bin Laden during a luncheon Friday.

They're probably not what anyone expected.

"I don't know whether we'll find him," said Gen. Peter Schoomaker, the Army chief of staff. "I don't know that it's all that important, frankly."

Is Osama alive? Dead? In the Bahamas? Paraguay? Pakistan? Or is Schoomaker just copying his commander-in-chief?
Bush: ....Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all. So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you.

1 comment:

ellroon said...

I think the whole world is staring with mouths agape, looking at the United States become the stupidest country in the world. It took one George to start our republic and one Georgie to break it.