Thursday, September 27, 2007

What we've known all along

What some of us predicted the day Bush was selected president.... we would be at war with Iraq during his time in the Oval office:
El Pais, the highest-circulation daily in Spain, today published what it said was the transcript of a private talk between President George W. Bush and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar on February 22, 2003, concerning the coming U.S. invasion of Iraq. It took place at the ranch in Crawford, Texas.

The conversation took place on the President's ranch in Crawford, Texas. The confidential transcript was prepared by Spain's ambassador to the United States, Javier Ruperez, the paper said.

Bush purportedly said he planned to invade Iraq inf March "if there was a United Nations Security Council resolution or not....We have to get rid of Saddam. We will be in Baghdad at the end of March."

He said the U.S. takeover would happen without widespread destruction. He observed that he was willing to play bad cop to British Prime Minister Tony Blair's good cop.

Aznar pleaded for patience and replied that it was vital to get a U.N. resolution, noting that public opinion in Spain was strongly against the war.

[snip]

BUSH: When within years History judges us I do not want that people ask themselves so that Bush, or Aznar, or Blair did not face their responsibilities. In the end, which people wants is to enjoy freedom. ..

AZNAR: The only thing which it worries to me about you is your optimism.

BUSH: I am optimistic because I believe that I am in the certain thing. I am peacefully with me same.

(I think the last line should translate: I am at peace with myself.) Georgie has destroyed two countries, polarized the world community, and created generations of terrorists. But he's at peace with himself.

And sleeps well at night.

I feel so much better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Google Translated Article Bites The Left In The Ass

http://www.floppingaces.net/2007/09/27/a-google-translated-article-bi/

ellroon said...

Here you go.