Monday, February 11, 2008

Why elect to government those who hate government?



Remember. We have seen what Republicans have tried to do to our country when they have their hands on the steering wheel. Republicans have stated over and over again that they hate government:
“My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.” – Grover Norquist, The Nation, 10/12/2004
So why on earth elect them?

Photobucket

Update:


(both videos stolen from Atrios at Eschaton.)

2 comments:

That guy said...

That has always been the biggest mystery to me. I know of no other context in which "I don't believe in your company and want it to vanish" would be a good line to use in a job interview.

ellroon said...

Or.."Let me insult all your trading partners, max out your credit cards, get in a fight with your neighbors, encourage your son to sign up in the military and scoff at higher learning, make your wife find religion, quit her job and stay home..."

Sounds like a guy I want to have a beer with!