Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another sign of the end of days!

Loch Ness monster reappears:

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.

He said it moved at about 6 mph and kept a fairly straight course.

"My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpent-like features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years."

Loch Ness is surrounded by myth and mystery, as it is the largest and deepest inland expanse of water in Britain. About 750 feet to the bottom, it's even deeper than the North Sea.

Nessie watcher and marine biologist Adrian Shine of the Loch Ness 2000 center in Drumnadrochit, on the shores of the lake, viewed the video and hopes to properly analyze it in the coming months.

"I see myself as a skeptical interpreter of what happens in the loch, but I do keep an open mind about these things and there is no doubt this is some of the best footage I have seen," Shine said.

YouTube has print across the film but has the scientist who filmed it:



The AP film is easier to see. ( Far right below old Nessie picture)

7 comments:

mapaghimagsik said...

Nessie!

And me without my wasabi!

mapaghimagsik said...

Now that I've watched this with sound on, am I a bad person for thinking of Scrooge McDuck?

ellroon said...

OMG! You've ruined it for me! ... Maybe not. Wonder if he has a lucky dime?

Steve Bates said...

Scrooge McDuck is probably still under ABC/Disney copyright, umpty years after someone first thought of him. Nessie surely is not. Let's back Nessie!

I had some wasabi yesterday, but only with veggie sushi. Someone explain to Nessie that I do not wish to eat her/him...

ellroon said...

They're going to be so disappointed when they find out it's only a really large sturgeon or eel or Ewan McTavish skinny dipping...

mapaghimagsik said...

It was the first newscaster that made me think of Scrooge McDuck. That's what makes me bad.

Not only that, but I am suddenly reminded of Jackie Stewart. "Its a Grrrreat day for a race, ladies and gentlemen!"

I date myself. But that usually avoids that awkward moment deciding who's going to pay.

ellroon said...

Lol!