Monday, November 05, 2007

When gnomes attack

They seem to go for lawns:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - A number of gnomes and other creatures have taken sanctuary at the Springfield police station.

Police say as part of a prank, somebody stole 75 lawn ornaments from around town and placed them meticulously on and around the lawn of one house on October 17.

Among the figurines are plastic and porcelain geese, deer, frogs and gnomes.

[snip]

"We need to get them out of here," Capt. Richard Harrison said.

"Every time I leave my office they're sitting in my chair, working on my computer. I can't seem to get rid of the darn things."

"If they come here and they can identify it we're more than happy to let the gnome go home," Harrison said.

No comments: