Thursday, October 04, 2007

Prezniting is hard work.

"Mah job is tah puts one of my feets in front of t'other one. Gotta keep movin' inlessen Ah falls over! Heh heh heh."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions," the president said.

He elaborated on that point later.

"I delegate to good people. I always tell Condi Rice, `I want to remind you, Madam Secretary, who has the Ph.D. and who was the C student. And I want to remind you who the adviser is and who the president is.'

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, `Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, `This is what we're going to do.' And it's `Yes, sir, Mr. President.' And then we get after it, implement policy."

This is where the recently dug up quote from H. L. Mencken comes in:
"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
This moron is proud of his stupidity.

4 comments:

Sorghum Crow said...

The poor folks at this venue were subjected to 79 minutes of this drooling moron. (that approximates the fourth level of hell)

Steve Bates said...

Ah. That accounts for the names of some of Bush's projects... the Moron Terror, the Moron Drugs, the... what? Oh. Well. That's completely different. <emily_litella_voice> Never mind! </emily_litella_voice>

ellroon said...

You forgot Morons on Mars...

ellroon said...

I did get the joke on Mor on Terror as the War on Terror, and my response was truly inadequate.

Well done, sir!