Friday, May 18, 2007

Greg Palast says Rove may have already stolen the 2008 elections

But we may be able to stop it:

BuzzFlash: You’re having incredible success with the new expanded paperback edition of Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans -- Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House Gone Wild. Of course, the electronic voting machines and how they function is a very significant issue, but your specialty has really been how the Bush/Rove GOP political machine keeps persons who are likely to vote Democratic or Independent from voting.

Greg Palast: Yes. People ask me: Are they going to steal the 2008 election? No, they’ve already stolen the 2008 election. We still have a chance of swiping it back, but the reason I’ve expanded and put out the new edition of Armed Madhouse is to tell you how they will steal in 2008, and what to do about it. That’s one of the main new things. Plus a special chapter on New Orleans and my bust down there.

Of course, I was very flattered that the first review of the new edition of Armed Madhouse was written by Karl Rove and the Rove-bots -- it was subpoenaed by the House Judiciary Committee -- I can’t make this up. On February 7th, the Rove team, which had been writing several e-mails screaming about Armed Madhouse and "that British reporter," Greg Palast, were gloating that no U.S. media had picked up my stories. And they had a .pdf file attached. Of course, the reason my book was subpoenaed is that it has to do with the US prosecutor firings. The prosecutor firings were 100% about influencing elections -- not about loyalty to Bush, which is what The New York Times wrote. The administration team couldn’t tolerate appointees who wouldn’t go along with crime. In the book I present the evidence that Karl Rove directed a guy named Tim Griffin to target suppressing the votes of African American students, homeless men, and soldiers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, when I registered in California, I got two cards back. One that says I am registered to vote. Another that says my registration is not valid until I call the office and provide them with "CA Driver's License/ CA IDCard # or last 4 digits of SSN#"

Interestingly, I registered at the DMV attached to my application for a CA ID.

Anonymous said...

So I am both registered and not. I wonder what would have happened if I never received the second card.

ellroon said...

Were the cards in different envelopes or are we talking about a really tired staffer or a crazed computer?

Actually (waits for drum roll) it means you can vote twice!

Anonymous said...

I think if the attorney general is a lying criminal, the entire department of justice is untrustworthy. Removing Tim Griffin would not cause him to be replaced with someone better.

Anonymous said...

I feel like anything we do without impeaching is rearranging deck chairs on the Hindenberg.

ellroon said...

Yes, there needs to be jail time and public shaming. The neocons still protectively hold their holy agenda to their chests, declaring now that Bush just mishandled it. They will go to ground for another thirty years then pop up to try and take over the government again.

We need to drive a wooden stake through the heart of this imperialistic doctrine, expose it to noonday sun and use bleach to make sure it is dead.

Impeachment would certainly get their attention.

Anonymous said...

"Were the cards in different envelopes or are we talking about a really tired staffer or a crazed computer?"

They were separate postcards. The one which says I am registered, says, quote: "You are registered to vote. The party affiliation for which you have registered is shown on the reverse of this card. This card is being sent as a notification..."

So I'm registered, and it goes on to say that: "You may vote in any election held 15 or more days after the date shown on the reverse side of this card."

So I can vote, but the other postcard says, "The item(s) checked require completion for registration to be valid." It was obviously filled out by a person, my name is handwritten and the requirements are hand checked.

So my registration is or is not valid? That's what I want to know.

Sure, I can fix it and call their office. But what if I didn't, or forgot, or the card was lost in the mail or ...

ellroon said...

Hmmm... make sure this isn't a weird ploy to discount your obviously very liberal voting.... I'd call their office if I were you.