Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The new Republican

Same as the old Republican.

Georgie giving his support to John McCain:
He's a President, and he's going to be the President who will bring determination to defeat an enemy, and a heart big enough to love those who hurt.
Digby at Hullabaloo:
Bush just endorsed McCain and sounded like he's on a meth bender. He couldn't let McCain have the spotlight.

If I were McCain I'd be hoping that's the last time I have to appear with Junior during this campaign. He's a reminder of everything people loathe about Republicans. St. John didn't look too comfortable, I must say. (But then he never does...)
Think Progress:

Following up on the press conference, Rich Lowry of the National Review said on Fox News that Bush is framing McCain as embracing his old platforms, “someone determined absolutely to take on our enemy and someone with a big heart who cares for those who hurt.” Lowry said McCain was shaping up to be Bush’s “successor”:

Who does that sound like? A ‘compassionate conservative’ who wants to take on our enemies. It sounds like George W. Bush. … That’s obviously the way he views John McCain, as a successor to himself.

John Amato of Crooks and Liars has the transcript of the Bush endorsement. McCain is almost pleading for a chance to speak, but Georgie rides right over him. You can just see Bush is assuming McCain will justify the Iraq war and burnish to a shine Bush's legacy.

John Amato of Crooks and Liars:
McCain welcomes Bush to campaign with him as much as he can, which I’m sure we’d all like to see.

THE PRESIDENT: Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, vote for me, I’m an agent of change. In 2004, I said, I’m not interested in change — I want to continue as President. Every candidate has got to say “change.” That’s what the American people expect.

And the good news about our candidate is, there will be a new President, a man of character and courage — but he’s not going to change when it comes to taking on the enemy.

Mapaghimagsik of Taking Stock offers proof that McCain is really just Bush Lite and that his presidency would be just more of the same:

Photobucket

2 comments:

mapaghimagsik said...

Woot! Thanks for the nudge.

I'm thinking of putting all my McCain comics together on a site and calling it "The Littlest Maverick"

ellroon said...

Anytime. Your stuff is to the point!
The Littlest Maverick would be hilarious.