Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thanks to you both

Two brave souls who actually watched the Democratic debate last night.

Pygalgia

and Mustang Bobbyof Bark Bark Woof Woof

I can't do it. It's like watching commercials or infotainment shows where everything is slick and processed to the consistency of cheese whiz. The only way for me to know what these people will do once in power is to look at their background, their prior held offices, and the record. We've had enough of those who will promise the moon (or Mars) and deliver shit.

Will we get a Democrat out of this bunch who loves our country and our Constitution enough to save them?

6 comments:

pygalgia said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I have some sort of affliction that makes me obsess with the process of politics, despite my frustration with it. I actually think that any of the dem. frontrunners would be an acceptable president, but not great. I doubt we'll see a "great" president in the rest of my lifetime, because the process favors image over substance.

ellroon said...

Well, I'm grateful for your affliction.

And I hear you about 'great' presidents. We don't have any great statesmen of any sort in Congress either. Who the hell wants to be a politician but the sleaziest type of used car salesmen anyway?

Anonymous said...

The last thing I'd want to do is go around kissing other people's babies. Come on.

ellroon said...

You do have to have a narrow mind and a wide stance to do these things...

Anonymous said...

You see that I am completely unconscious of entendre until it is pointed out to me anyhow.

ellroon said...

The requirement for being a politician is to have no moral compass and to be brain dead. No double entendres there!