Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cloned meat to market

But now they have this handy dandy tracking system!:
Washington, D.C. (AHN) - The Biotechnology Industry Association (BIO) has launched a tracking system that allows food companies to track cloned livestock throughout the food processing chain.

The system was launched Wednesday a year after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said in a draft risk assessment that meat and milk from cloned animals were safe for human consumption.

BIO, which represents 1,100 companies and cloning organizations in 32 countries, urged the FDA to release a final risk assessment on the safety of food products from cloned animals, Agence France-Presse reported.

They say it's to pull the products if there is a moratorium on them... maybe if we start to glow in the dark?

I know, I know. Cloned meat is safe to eat. But why does this make me feel like becoming a vegetarian?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Steve Bates said...

"But why does this make me feel like becoming a vegetarian?" - ellroon

Who am I to say "give in to your instincts" ...

pygalgia said...

Great graphic.

ellroon said...

I don't know if I really want to eat leaves and twigs, Steve.. (like the panda who eats, shoots, and leaves).. I am definitely a carnivore at the moment.

But I will work on eating more vegetables, I promise!

Thanks, Pygalgia. I'm slowly learning how to do stuff... creeping up on learning photoshop. That would be so much fun!