Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Things that go bump in the night...

And it's NOT Halloween...

Unexplained radiation coming from a shipping container.

Snakes in Florida that can eat deer.

Bank of America forecloses on house lost in hurricane.

Living in an oligarchy.

Greeks and Germans and the world economy.

The House of Representatives proving they are completely unable to think of how to create jobs.

Learning what living on 30 dollars a week for food is like.

Getting excommunicated by the Mormon church.

Reaching 7 billion people on earth and realizing that number doesn't affect an attitude change in those demanding that every sperm/egg union is sacred.

2 comments:

Steve Bates said...

The page "Bank of America forecloses..." caused Firefox 7.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux 10.10 to lock up. Twice. (Of course it didn't lock up Linux itself. Whaddya think it is, anyway... Windows?)

Do you have any idea how rare it is to see Firefox on Linux lock up? Linux itself runs for a week or two at a time, restarting only because I need to install something (and most installs don't require a restart). Firefox for Linux is almost that solid.

HuffPo has served me cooties so many times over the years that I finally took it off my blogroll. They do NOT do a good job of screening their advertisers. I'm pretty sure it was an ad that locked it up, but someone else will have to find out... not me!

ellroon said...

Yikes! I was wondering if it was HuffPo. Talking Points does it to me as well. I do think it's the ads that seize up my computer, I just stop everything and wait several minutes...

HuffPo has gotten much crappier since Ariana sold it. Are we surprised?

I'll try to remember to not link often to it...