Monday, November 24, 2008

Why are they always so amazed

When the hatred and anger they incite comes back at them?

Glenn Beck avoids learning something about himself:

According to the newly signed Fox News host, he was verbally assaulted by a truck driver while standing in line at a Wendy's restaurant at a truck stop. Writing on his blog, Beck says the truck driver called him a "racist bigot," blaming the talk show host and conservatives "for everything." Wrote Beck, "The hatred was palpable." As his security detail stood between him and his assailant, Beck says the truck driver ended his rant by threatening to run him over.

It was ugly stuff, and Beck was shocked by the level of hate: "I wanted to say, I think you have me mistaken for someone else, but I knew he knew who I was and he just hated me for who I was…. Wow. Is this who we've become? Is this who we've become?"

[snip] Marvel at his thick-headedness as we remember this quote from Beck himself from the same article:
I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out--is this wrong?

They are actually amazed that Americans are furious over the last eight years and are going to do something about it.

Like making people own up to what they've been spewing. What a frightening concept.

No comments: