Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Georgie at 3am: Dad? You know you lent me the car and told me to be careful? ... well, there's been an accident.

It's just a dent right by the front of the back of the engine by the wheel. It's not my fault! I was going slow! This tree just jumped out and hit me! The car is okay... it will just need to be repaired when we find all the parts....

And by the way... you know I told you I spent the country into a deficit to the tune of 490 mill... uh billion dollars? Make that 600 billion.

But I'm okay! The next president can fix it, easy!
Yesterday, the White House “increased its estimate for next year’s deficit to nearly $490 billion, a record figure that will saddle the next president with deepening budget problems in his first year in office.” But, on ABC News’s Good Morning America today, Claire Shipman reported that the deficit is actually much higher because “creative White House accounting” didn’t include the war, the unemployment costs, Medicare fees, or the housing bill in its calculations. If those numbers are included, it brings “the grand total to about $600 billion.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How soon after Barack Obama is inaugurated will the Republicans be yelling at him to balance the budget? And how many weeks until they blame him for it not being fixed yet?

ellroon said...

About 5 minutes.

Actually, they're blaming Obama now for just about everything that Georgie has done.