Friday, November 08, 2013

How shocking. I never would have imagined....

I am shocked — shocked— to find that gambling is going on in here!

 photo shocked_zpsea345af4.png

Denial-of-service tool targeting Healthcare.gov site discovered

Dad Calls Cops on Son to Teach Him a Lesson, Cops Shoot Son Dead

Fracking Victim Sued for Defamation After Proving Drinking Water Flammable

Republicans don't speak for women's rights when they try and deny abortion access.

Teachers aren't actually the problem.

It must be the language that divides us.  And our totally different ways of life and histories across our nation.

3 comments:

Steve Bates said...

Re: abortion access... thanks for the Liz Plank article. I seem to be on her mailing list, and she is consistently good.

Re: teachers... teachers' unions? a problem? I wish! They are outlawed in Texas, but I've never seen one in another state that has any real clout. They're like musicians' unions: they rarely if ever strike, and the impression I get is that they are too cozy with school administration. YMMV, but I am as certain as I sit here that teachers' unions are not any kind of problem. Dammit!

Your CAPTCHA is f'ing me over again...

Steve Bates said...

Re: DoS anti-ACA tool... the first commenter "Plissken" is correct that the use of such a hack does NOT constitute civil disobedience. Legitimate civil disobedience always involves a nonviolent refusal to comply with a law and a willingness to accept the personal consequences; the (expletive)s who use this tool are doing something far from harmless to others and are presumably hiding from any consequences. My message to them: Don't preach "civil disobedience" unless you are practicing civil disobedience in the usual sense of the term!

ellroon said...

I apologize for the idiotic CAPTCHA.. sometimes I can hardly tell if the fuzzy photo is numbers or a squished bug.

I hope people have finally realized what good unions can do when they aren't in the pocket of the corporate powers. Checks and balances, regulations are all needed because human nature does not change. How many times do we have to learn this?

About the fake civil disobedience... they don't care, they just want to trip up people and see them fall on their face.