Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Why is it when you have a whole lot to do

Everything else explodes? Spent the day I should have been making stuffing and pies searching for a damned piece of paper buried somewhere in the strata of drifts of letters and clippings about the house. Found it after geologically figuring out which box to search. The guy to fix the dryer was coming so I had to make a pathway through the garage, and then lost some time watching him fix a two cent plastic toggle which had snapped off conveniently. Talk about planned obsolescence. Cost me $100. Then of course the car's new battery strangely died, requiring the AAA guys to come.

Still, it's now past 11, and I've finished four pies and the stuffing. The turkey lurks in the fridge, and the mashed potatoes are out of a box. As much as Thanksgiving is slinging the hash for me, I am thankful.

I have enough to eat. I have a house I share with my family in a safe place. My family is healthy. We are able to afford what we need. So much of the world does not have these simple things. I am very thankful for what I have.

So, on that note, I've dragged up from last year: Mr. Bean and his turkey.



Update: Think Progress has an excellent list of things to be thankful for.

No comments: