Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The rights of your religion stop

Where my thoughts begin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Having grown up in a religious household and being 'religious' for a large percentage of my life, I have great love and respect for those who are sincere in following their beliefs. But I do not believe only one religion is the right one. I do not believe those who try to be and do good and search for ways to benefit humanity would be ignored by a loving God. I do not believe a God of Love would create the Rapture. Frantically joining a religion because of fear of agony and death is bizarre and wrong.

As Martin Luther said: "Unless I am convinced by proofs from Scriptures or by plain and clear reasons and arguments, I can and will not retract, for it is neither safe nor wise to do anything against conscience. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Amen."

All you can do is be honest and true to who you are. Anything else is dishonest and cannot stand.


Update: tripped over this interesting site while getting Luther's quote.

4 comments:

ellroon said...

Dear Green-skinned red-eyed Secret Rapture alien guy: Please hurry it up! You keep on talking about it but nothing has happened!

Anonymous said...

I think the only one he's raptured is himself. It's the women, you see. He's a very powerful wizard, but if a girl looks at him it's like kryptonite to Superman.

Oh, never mind.

ellroon said...

Now I'm confused. Is that why he's green?

Anonymous said...

Quoting whig:

He's a very powerful wizard, but if a girl looks at him it's like kryptonite to Superman.

You nailed me exactly. The gorgeous dolls here in Hell set me off and make me go nuclear.

Within months, if not years, by my hand, we will be in the post apocalyptic world of 'Jericho' on TV! The proof is in the pudding! Stay tuned!