Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perverting Justice

In the name of God. Just another way the Bush administration is remaking the country in its image.

Ripley at Zen Cabin
does the research and exposes the White House's efforts:

It sure seems like there’s a concerted and coordinated effort within the DOJ to push a religious agenda on America, or at least allow some other folks to get away with it. I haven’t looked into Regent much, but from my minimal research on BYU/BushCo I can tell you that the pieces are falling into place for a good old-fashioned American Theocracy.

Let’s hope that Congress asks Gonzales, and everyone else, about the people who have been placed in the DOJ over the last six years. There’s something going on there and it’s definitely not Justice.

All I want to know is ... how long will it take us to weed these religious nutjobs out of our government? They're trying to deny us privacy in the bedroom, deny us pills in the pharmacies, deny us access to scientific facts, deny us the right to die with dignity, deny us tolerance to other religions, deny us justice untainted by partisanship.

If they want to go live in a theocracy, great. Jonestown is unpopulated I hear. Just leave me and my country out of it.

No comments: