Monday, March 19, 2007

If calling him an ass gets his attention

We shoulda brought megaphones to his public speeches:

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - In a rare interview with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, ABC News reporter Barbara Walters discusses the outspoken leader's views on the United States, President Bush and the future of relations between Latin America and the U.S.

Chavez admits to name-calling the U.S. leader in order to bring attention to the real issues he feels are important such as the U.S.-led war in Iraq. The outspoken Venezuelan leader also said he might even apologize for his mincing words, if it didn't help bring to light what he calls the misdeeds of the Bush administration.

Speaking to Walters, Chavez says, "Yes, I call him a devil in the United Nations. That's true. Another time, I said that he was a donkey just because I think that he is very ignorant ... about the things that are actually happening in Latin America and the world. If that is an excess on my side, I accept. And I might apologize. But who is causing more harm? He burns people, villages and he ... invades nations."

No comments: