Sunday, June 08, 2008

Go, Franken!

ROCHESTER, Minn. - Al Franken won a resounding endorsement for the U.S. Senate on Saturday from Minnesota Democrats, quickly dispatching with concerns about jokes that offended some and promising a tough challenge to Republican Sen. Norm Coleman.

"To the people of Minnesota, let me say this: I'm not a perfect person," said Franken, a former "Saturday Night Live" writer and performer. "I'm not going to pretend to have all the answers. But I'll tell the truth, I will keep my spine, and I will work for you."

4 comments:

mapaghimagsik said...

Good for Franken. I thought he did a pretty good job on Air America.

ellroon said...

Yes he did, and saved many of us from going completely bonkers in the process.

Anonymous said...

i say Yeah ...got my vote ..... bummer, don't live in that Wonderful state. Was gonna head to Mpls later this summer ...(God I love road trips) way overdue too many years now but havin' to seriously reconsider Am leaving this week to go to University for graduation. Holy Sh*t it's gonna cost me 500 mucking dollars, duh, in gasoline...( & I get 25/per in me ol '93 Vo-vo Wgn)

ellroon said...

Hang in there, Sagemarm! At least university graduations are one per kid.

Congratulations, btw!