Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ex-FBI leaves agency to join ACLU, not wanting to be a part of 'a dark chapter in American history'.

ACLU hires ex-FBI who left in 2004.

"German is a sixteen-year veteran of the FBI, where he served as a Special Agent in domestic terrorism, bank fraud and public corruption investigations. While at the FBI, German also served in undercover operations, successfully helping to prevent several terrorist attacks. He resigned in 2004 to make Congress and the public aware of the continuing deficiencies in FBI counterterrorism operations after the implementation of the 9/11 Commission’s reforms."

"I joined the FBI because I wanted to defend this country, but the oath I took was to defend the Constitution. Working for this administration, I felt as though I was participating in a dark chapter in American history," German said. "At the ACLU, I will be able to fulfill my oath by protecting what this country stands for: we can, and must, be both safe and free."

No comments: