Friday, February 09, 2007

Pardons?

John Aravosis at Americablog notes:

What I want to know is when the media is going to force George Bush to answer the question as to whether he's going to pardon Scooter, Cheney and Rumsfeld, among others, for their various offenses. Certainly, it's fair for the White House to postpone answering that question until Libby is convicted, if at all. But after that point, we need to demand answers, because you know they're all getting pardons.

Whig at Cannablog points out:

On the matter of the presidential pardon being used at any time to halt the investigation of this administration and its co-conspirators, such a pardon does not protect a person from giving future testimony to a grand jury, petit jury or the congress under the penalty of perjury for false statements. Moreover, a pardoned individual cannot raise a legitimate fifth amendment defense against self-incrimination with respect to the pardoned acts, but must testify truthfully to all that is known as one under a grant of prosecutorial immunity.

So either way ... If the courts and the Democrats persevere, we may finally hear the truth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's the closest I've ever come to a link from John Aravosis. :)

Wouldn't that do something for my visitor count?

ellroon said...

Lol! I'll work harder!

Anonymous said...

I think you already link to me more than anyone else. Combined. :)

ellroon said...

You put up good stuff I don't see anywhere else! I like the layout of your blog as well.