Thursday, January 18, 2007

We need limericks here!

Hijacked Thers' post in its entirety:

ANNOUNCING a Whiskey Fire Contest:

The setup, via MyDD.

What especially irks me about McCain's pure as the driven snow national image is how the Washington pundit elites have continued to help manufacture it. McCain is the most frequent guest on Sunday morning talk shows, whose hosts clearly have done a terrible job of exposing the truth about him. We simply can't trust the gatekeepers of our conventional wisdom to treat John McCain with any skepticism whatsoever. I am sure we will see much of the same lapdog treatment from the pundit elite when it comes to the McCain doctrine, otherwise known as escalation in Iraq. Already, pundits are bending over backward to label this idea serious, and the people who support it as principled.

Well, I say enough is enough. The line on McCain's national image will be drawn here, and drawn now. Today, I am proposing a long-term, anti-McCain googlebomb project similar to the Googlebomb the Elections campaign I founded in 2006.

Well, hokay. But I am moved by the Muse, and will Googlebomb John McCain in the verse of my People:

There was an odd pol, John McCain:
John McCain ate the Punditry's brain:
John McCain's silly "straight talk"
Made Tweety joyfully squawk --
And out of his Hardballs, he came.

I will put FIFTY BUCKS of my own dough on the line, that nobody can come up with a better or more tasteless (same difference) John McCain Googlebomb limerick by Sunday 1/21 at 8PM. If I win, the money goes to a Progressive Cause of my choice. If YOU win, it'll go to a Progressive Cause of your choice. (The winner will be determined by the, uh, community, by which I mean, um, me, with input from, uh, myself.)

Remember: John McCain! I mean, John McCain!


So, attempting to follow the master, here's mine:

There once was a man known a maverick
Who secretly was a big prick
He supported G. Bush
And sold out his tush
Watching John McCain whore is just sick.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John McCain was once tortured in 'Nam
He came back, ran for office, and won
There he planned his revenge
As he worked to arrange
His ascension to lord of the damn

ellroon said...

Exactly, Bryan. Which makes us ask, what on earth does Bush have on McCain that he's making him jump through such hoops?

The NSA was spying on everybody by that point, so they probably had stuff on most of the Congress as well...

ellroon said...

Ack! Whig, it is unacceptable that your limerick be better than mine, so stop that!

Anonymous said...

Ellroon, yes, I think you have it. Everyone who voted for that hideous Military Commissions Act, including on the Democratic side, has no excuse and should speak in their mitigation or they have no business remaining long in office as far as I can see it.

Blackmail is a powerful political tool.