Monday, January 01, 2007

Iran the final focus of the Big Surge

Juan Cole cites Larisa Alexandrovna's post that Saddam's execution was deliberate and timed to assist an attack on Iran.

Jeff Hubner at Larisa's blog agrees:
"I don't like to fall into full-bore paranoia, but after watching the Bush administration for six years, I'm more inclined to credit conspiracy theories than I am to believe in coincidence. One the eve of Mr. Bush's New Year's announcement about his new Iraq strategy, I more than suspect that America is about to be pushed into a full-bore neoconservative policy of militarization from which it will take decades or longer to extract ourselves."

And if I can see it from my lowly perch in front of my computer here in Southern California....why on earth can't others?

2 comments:

Steve Bates said...

Damn. Just... damn. I'm about to borrow this from you, with full credit, of course.

Damn again. I've often said that whatever the neocons' motives, Bush's personal interest is in being the one who triggers Armageddon. After all, God told him to do it.

ellroon said...

As I've said before, if voicing it makes it less likely, then I say it...

May we both be wrong.